"Mediterranean Fuzzed Up Heavy Rock"
Stonus are a London-based heavy rock quintet originating from Nicosia, Cyprus since 2015. Their sound can be described as a mixture of desert, psychedelic, alternative and doom rock with pyrotechnic guitars, fuel firing solos, powerful drumming and raw dirty riffs held together by melodic vocals and coloured by analogue equipment, complimented by high-energy live performances. To date Stonus have released three extended plays, building up to their debut album 'Aphasia' released in 2020 which made it into several AOYT lists and getting them a deal with Electric Valley Records and Daredevil Records .
Stonus are currently considered the most active Cypriot rock band having completed a UK tour in 2021 and a European coheadline tour with Swan Valley Heights (Fuzzorama Records) in 2022. They shared the stage with bands including Conan, Elephant Tree, Riverside, Sunnata, Planet of Zeus and Nightstalker and participated in festivals such as Riffolution Fest in Manchester UK, Swamp Fest in Berlin, Germany and Soundart Fest in Roumania.
- Sep '21: First UK tour inc. London, Cambridge, Brighton and Manchester at Riffolution Festival 2021 sharing the stage with Ritual King, Elephant Tree and Conan.
- Aug '20: Third EP "Seance" recorded at Hot Soap Studios (released Mar '21), schieving a spot in Metal Hammer UK and Metal Hammer Greece.
- Mar '20: Debut album “Aphasia” released via Electric Valley/ Daredevil Records receiving great critiques and honorable mentions by Doomed and Stoned, Doom Charts and Metal Hammer just to name a few, selling out just 2 months after its release.
- Jan '20: Supported Nightstalker at DownTown Live in Nicosia, Cyprus.
- August 2019: Recorded the single “Sweetspot” (Live Recording) and debut album “Aphasia” (Live Recording) at Wreck it Sound Studios in Corinth, Greece.
- Mar '19 first festival appearance abroad in the Soundart Festival in Bucharest, Romania with Planet of Zeus, Riverside, Sunnata and Weedpecker.
- Nov '18: 2nd EP “Lunar Eclipse” was released giving the first European exposure to the band with gigs in London.
- Aug '17: The first EP “Supertrip” was released giving the band reputation in the local scene participating in festivals such as the Power of the night festival (2017) and Fengaros Festival (2019)
“It's fuzzed-up, stoner rock fun time”
-Metal Hammer UK
“In an uncool Universe these songs were sunglasses at night”
“Heavy-tuned riffs and sweet melodies coming out from the desert”
-Psychedelic Baby Magazine
"Chock full of hot Desert licks and molten metal, Stonus carves out huge chunks of solid rock and fashion them as idols to the Sun God."
“with the gas full on from the start, with eco-friendly 'exhaust gases' and green vibes, they become 'kings of the road' and fill this trip with heavy riffs, fuzzy sounds and desert melodies”